Sunday, May 30, 2010

Just Another Quiet Sunday


It took me awhile to find a Catholic church to call mine. Not that there's a shortage of Catholic churches (I mean this is Boston after all) it was just hard finding one easy to get to and that felt like "home". When I moved to Brookline, I found St. Mary's, which is about a 20 minute walk from my apartment. I enjoy walking to and from church, as it gives me some "me" time not to mention some exercise. I wish I could show you the inside of this church, it reminds me of churches I saw in Ireland and Rome, but it felt funny trying to sneak a photo on my cell phone while in church today, so I opted for one of the front of the church as I left mass.

A typical Sunday for me is: wake up, eat breakfast while looking through the store ads, walk to the 11:30 am mass, walk to the grocery store(s) and then head home where I spend the rest of the day cleaning, cooking, making lunches for the work week, preparing my work outfits and packing my gym bag. I enjoy taking Sunday as a "me" day. I feel more relaxed and it helps me kick off the week.

After my crazy day yesterday, I opted to stay in after going to church and grabbing some items for tomorrow's cookout. Today was a major cleaning day, I organized and cleaned everything so hopefully my life will start running smoothly and I wont feel so absentminded all the time :) I was on my feet all day long and ended it with a nice relaxing bubble bath and a glass of Relax Riesling. What a perfect way to end the day and start the new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment