Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dish #4


Edamame and white bean salad w/ tofu and lemon

I know this is my second "new dish" of the week, but I know there's going to be weeks where I'm traveling and unable to make a new dish. Plus, I had a lemon going bad that I needed to use and this was just the recipe.

I clipped a recipe out of the Boston Globe last year and decided to dig it up and tweak it a tad. The original is made with prosciutto, which for obvious reasons I omitted.

I sauteed 2 cloves of garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil. I then added 1 can of Cannellini beans (white kidney beans) which I drained and rinsed, 2 packages of my Costco frozen edamame which I cooked in the microwave before shelling and adding to the pan. I then added juice from 1 lemon, 1/4 tsp of crushed red peppers, 1 tsp of dried basil. The most time consuming part of this recipe was shelling the edamame.

Realizing I had some left over tofu, I decided to add some tofu to the salad.

This would make a good side dish, as it's not filling enough for a full meal. I ended up fixing some Quinoa to eat with the rest of the salad I had on my plate. I also cooked some Tri-color Rotini pasta to mix with the extra salad for a cold pasta salad dish to have later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment