Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Don't Know Why!

I had an adventure today. It involved a rain storm, a bus, an extremely busy traffic circle and creating my own path while hoping I didn't tread through poison ivy. I've spent all weekend rearranging furniture (after my dining room set server was delivered yesterday morning), deep cleaning the apartment and spraying the apartment for bugs. This afternoon I headed out to Target and Costco before the rain was scheduled to start. Unfortunately, by the time I came above ground and got off at the Wellington T stop (about 45 minutes), the sky opened up. Dressed in shorts, tank top and flip flops with no umbrella, getting caught in the rain has become the norm to my life lately (ever since my trip to Scotland). I had no choice but to wait for a bus instead of walking the .6 miles from the station to the shopping plaza. So it stops raining, I get on the 99 bus and whoops! The 99 doesn't go to the shopping plaza on Sundays (only on Saturdays). So, I got off the nearest stop, which is on the other side of the very busy Santilli Circle (which is off of a highway). So, not seeing crosswalks to get across to the other side, I had to make my own path, which unfortunately was through some grassy area (walking in flip flops) and all I could think of was walking through poison ivy [I think I'm good though; seeing as nothing is itching except for some of my bug bites]. I got to an area where I could cross, but not before probably spooking some drivers as I stood behind a guardrail. Monitoring the flow of traffic and signal patterns, I managed to hop over the guardrail and cross 3 sections of the circle safely. Phew! [It totally reminded me of the game Frogger.]

So, I didn't get wet like I have been getting lately during these rain storms. I managed to get my shopping done and carried over 3 gallons of liquid on the bus and 2 Ts and finished up the deep cleaning. Sat down to dinner after 8pm (which is becoming the norm, I beginning to understand Europeans and their late meal times) and watched Limitless. I don't do to well with these crazy [as in out there] types of movies. Bradley Cooper's character narrates the movie. The movie starts at a future point, so the story has to rewind a bit, so the audience knows what happened prior and leading up to that particular scene. I thought it moved kind of slow, but Bradley Cooper played a more serious role which I prefer over his stupid ass characters on his filmography.

PHOTO: I tried to capture the circle on the bus as I headed back to the T station after my shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment