Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Night of New Experiences

Date night with Meg! Only recently have I begun to go out again after work. It's fun to spend a little extra time picking out my outfit and doing my makeup/hair. Tonight, I went into Brighton and checked out Meg's new apartment (which I must say, I'm jealous of!). Then, off to Boston Boxing for boxing matches. This is the first time I've ever been to a boxing ring. Now, it may not be Lowell or Mikey Ward boxing [The Fighter reference], but you have the scent of male sweat, old gym equipment and dirty carpet smell that I imagine every boxing ring would have. Boxing is not my thing, I'm really sensitive and bruise really easily, no way would I be able to do this, but it was fun to watch. There were two girls that fought too and it was interesting watching all the different matches. There were so many guys there; of course I eyed quite a few (many of whom reminded me of the guys back home in San Diego). No one really my type, but I did enjoy the guy to girl ratio.

Instead of going to a concert after the matches like we had planned, we ended up going to Allston for some cheap eats and beer. I honestly can't remember which Asian restaurant we went to, but I had a vegetable noodle soup, which was tasty, huge and cheap.

We hopped across the street to Big City, hoping to play a round of pool, but there was too long of a wait so we had a beer before making it back to my neck of the woods. But before I go on... let me tell you about this new experience in Allston...all I can say is wow! I felt SO old in Big City and it felt like it was Halloween night with all these young college kids walking around the neighborhoods (like trick-or-treaters do on Halloween). There were groups of them...everywhere...even blocking the road. I'm so glad I don't live in Allston. Apparently [according to bouncer at Big City] 11pm is the hour when all the kids come out after pre-partying. I never had this college experience, and to be honest, I don't think I'm the type who would if I did live in a big college town like Boston. Ugh, remind me not to go out on a Friday night in that area again.

Back into Washington Square for another drink, this time at The Publik House... a place I have yet to drink in, and I've lived in the neighborhood over 2 years. Meg knew the bartenders and it was so much better hanging out there than at Big City. The atmosphere was more to our liking. We still want to do pool, but not on a Friday night when all the college kids arr out. So much for me going to bed before 10. I've been real good this week going to bed early, but at least tomorrow I get to sleep in. Now I just hope I don't get a hangover!

No comments:

Post a Comment