
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
I kind of made this up after looking through pages and pages of spaghetti squash recipes. I baked the spaghetti squash after cutting in half length wise with water in the pan for 40 minutes covered in foil with the oven at 375°.
I then sauteed onions, pressed garlic cloves and some grape tomatoes and grated 1/2 of monterey jack cheese. I also picked a bunch of basil from my garden and snipped it up.
When the squash was done, I let it cool a little bit before using tongs to scrape the inside. Since it was just me, I only used one half of the cut squash. I tossed the spaghetti squash in with the shredded cheese and onion mixture in a casserole dish and topped it with basil and 1.5 tbsp of breadcrumbs before sticking it back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. I put some parmesan cheese on it after serving.
While I crave carbs and love my pasta, this was a great, low-cal alternative that was pretty darn flavorful.
No comments:
Post a Comment