
My bag is checked, I made it through security with the usual pat downs and am sitting in the AA terminal waiting to board my flight to MIA. It's going to be a long travel day. From MIA, I board my flight to South America. I leave MIA around 11pm for about a 10 hour flight, hopefully I'll be able to sleep. The nice thing about traveling south vs. east or west is there isn't a large timezone gab. Both Chile and Argentina are 2 hours head of Boston, so hopefully no jet lag.
I have a car picking me up in Chile, very VIP. I just need to look for a guy with a card that says my name. From there, I'll check into my hotel and have to day to explore on my own. On Wednesday I meet up with the tour group and the wine festivities begin.
I was fretting over my checked suitcase since I don't have a scale, I was hoping it would be under 50 lbs. It weighs 39 pounds. Not bad considering most of the contents aren't clothes. I have 6 water bottles, 4 types of shoes and tons of first aid/toiletries. I also have my huge backpack I'm taking on the plan. It includes PJs for the flight from MIA to SCL, flip flops, my liquids in a bag, 3 books, my laptop, and tons of food and snacks. I always bring food and water when I travel to foreign places, partially to save money, but also b/c as a vegetarian I have learned that traveling outside the US can be somewhat trying with regards to eating, so I make sure I have stuff I can eat in the event I can't eat a meal. (I remember being served omelets in Europe and I can't eat eggs, so my oatmeal totally came in handy!)
I triple checked that I have my converters, charges and passport. I have copies of all my cards I'm carrying and after having a rough night last night (tossing and turning, having strange borderline nightmarish dreams and waking up every hour) I finally have my typical flying jitters. This is my last post in the states. I'll try to post my adventures and photos whenever I get internet. So excited to cross off one more continent off my bucket list!
No comments:
Post a Comment