Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl


I first saw this ice cream event on the Food Network before I moved to Boston.  So my first summer here, I took part in this fundraiser and have done so every year.  Last year I beat my first year’s record by eating 17 scoops of ice cream in the pouring rain and I set out to break last year’s record today.  It was a gorgeous day out and met up with some friends as I double fisted by grapping two cups of ice cream each time I went up.  There were 8 or so vendors, with over 30 flavors.  The key to eating so much ice cream in a short amount of time is just going for it and drinking water.  So, did I do it? Yes! I ate 19 scoops of ice cream, one more than I needed to break last year’s record.  I probably won’t be able to break today’s record next year; if I ate 20 scoops today, I would have thrown up.  So, 19 scoops of ice cream was the final count.  Don’t ask me what my favorite flavor was b/c I was just downing them, but here is a list of the ice cream I do remember grabbing, there are a couple flavors that I couldn't remember:


Baskin-Robbins®
Firehouse #31
S'More the Merrier
Oreo®Gold Rush

Ben & Jerry's®
Late Night Snack
Milk and Cookies
Bonnaroo BuzzTM

Ciao Bella Gelato®
Chocolate S'mores
Mango Sorbet
Wild Blueberry Sorbet
Key Lime Graham Gelato

Edy's®
The Original Rocky Road
Cookies and Cream

Friendly's
Rocky Road
Vanilla

HP Hood/Brigham's®
Brigham's Oreo

SoCo Creamery
Berkshire BerrySee More

No comments:

Post a Comment