Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Walk somewhere new

I've lived in Brookline for nearly 3 full years and usually travel along the same path either via the bus, the T or my own two feet. Yesterday after the storm passed and cool weather blew in, I decideed to go for a 45 minute walk in search for the Brookling High School and public pool. It was a little nerve wrecking walking alone in a new area. 3/4 of mile from my house, through some nice neighborhoods with old bricked houses where trees created a nice, lushious canopy, I found the high school. It's gorgeous from the outside, nothing like my ghetto high school in Vista. It didn't take me long to get to the school and it felt like I was walking in a forest on some streets. Who would have thought I could escape the city feel by walking 8 minutes SW? I plan on exploring my own area nightly, with or without a walking partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment