Monday, July 2, 2012

#24


Living by yourself sucks! I hate cooking for one and sometimes hate coming home having to fix myself something to eat. It would be nice if a) I had others to cook for and/or b) had someone cook my meals for me. Anyway, I made lasagna for the first time tonight. I have been meaning to make butternut squash lasagna for a year so yesterday I cooked the noodles, heated the squash and made lasagna. I cheated a bit as I used a jar of pasta sauce instead of slaving over the stove in 85° weather. Since I waited until I was starving to start making it, I decided to stick it in the fridge and cook it today. Of course, that plan backfired b/c I went to the gym and didn't get home until 8ish and lasagna takes over an hour to cook. So here I am at 9:30pm, drinking wine while waiting for the lasagna to cool so I don't burn my mouth.


-cook lasagna noodles (I cooked half the box since I wanted a smaller serving)
-heated the frozen butternut squash in the microwave and mushed it with my fingers
-drained the noodles
-sprayed my corning ware
-layer some sauce, noodles, butternut squash, ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese and monterey jack cheese, sauce and repeated.

It was good, not all that flavorful, but that's what I get for not making my own sauce. The squash didn't add too much flavor so the next time I make lasagna, I'll probably make a veggie one with carrots and broccoli. It was filling though.

No comments:

Post a Comment