What a day! Lets start with the sunburn. Yes, I'm quite uncomfortable and the heat is making it worse. I was so glad to take a cool shower and slather aloe on my sunburned hot spots. I'm pretty sure my torso will blister [2nd degree sunburns suck! I know, I've had too many to count]. I got my luggage and yes, there was mold and mildew on my white rain jacket. I first soaked all my washables in baking soda in the washer to help eliminate the odor. Afterwards, I separated my whites and darks and they will soak in OxiClean for at least 24 hours. The mold looks like it is coming off! So, the apartment is a mess [and hot] and I'm laying naked with aloe all over my sore body with the AC blowing on me watching a movie to relax.
I managed to find people to hang out with and watch the fireworks with. Last year I was in Montreal, my first 4th of July in Boston in 2009 I stood on Storrow Drive to watch the fireworks. This year, I went across the river near MIT and sat on grass b/t Memorial Drive and the Charles with what seems to be the only friends I now have in Boston. At first I didn't want to go all the way over there b.c I was afraid of getting back with 500,000 people trying to do the same thing. But I did it! I had way more fun this year than in the past Boston 4th of July's. I could hear the Boston Pops and Martina McBride. I even surprised myself by getting home before midnight. The fireworks started a little after 10:30, ended a little after 11pm. I ended up walking from the MIT area, across the river, through Kenmore and into Brookline in less than 25 minutes! It would have taken me longer if I had tried to catch the red line, connected to the green line and headed outbound! I squeezed onto the train at St. Mary's T stop and was home in less than an hour! Things are starting to look up!
I managed to find people to hang out with and watch the fireworks with. Last year I was in Montreal, my first 4th of July in Boston in 2009 I stood on Storrow Drive to watch the fireworks. This year, I went across the river near MIT and sat on grass b/t Memorial Drive and the Charles with what seems to be the only friends I now have in Boston. At first I didn't want to go all the way over there b.c I was afraid of getting back with 500,000 people trying to do the same thing. But I did it! I had way more fun this year than in the past Boston 4th of July's. I could hear the Boston Pops and Martina McBride. I even surprised myself by getting home before midnight. The fireworks started a little after 10:30, ended a little after 11pm. I ended up walking from the MIT area, across the river, through Kenmore and into Brookline in less than 25 minutes! It would have taken me longer if I had tried to catch the red line, connected to the green line and headed outbound! I squeezed onto the train at St. Mary's T stop and was home in less than an hour! Things are starting to look up!
No comments:
Post a Comment