Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What if Cee-Lo was a Smurf?


After Netflix announcing they are raising their prices, I am even more happy with the ways I watch movies and TV shows. Most of the time I watch the latest movies for free thanks to my monthly Redbox freebie and catch up with TV series and older movies for free from the Boston Public Library. So, when I was talking to my friend who was watching The Smurfs on TV, I’m like “why don’t I rent The Smurfs TV series from the library?” So I did. I picked up Season One, Volume One today. Now, I remember watching The Smurfs on TV while I was a kid. What kid in the 80s doesn’t? But I don’t remember the details, like where they came from. As an adult and over drinks at one of my get-togethers The Smurfs came up and we were talking about where they came from and what they are called in France and Germany. So, I was curious to see how entertaining it would be to watch The Smurfs as an adult. I was disappointed that the case was missing disc one, which was the disc I was hoping to clear up my questions surrounding the creation of the Smurfs and Smurfette. So, after a couple glasses of margaritas, I sat and watched disc two. I’m really glad I did, because I honestly don’t know what made me sit and watch an entire episode of The Smurfs as a kid. Maybe it was because they were cute and I wanted to live in a mushroom.

While I wasn’t laughing at the smurfisodes like I do with episodes of The Family Guy, it didn’t take me long to pick up something hilarious….the use of “smurf”. Smurf is much like F*!%. It is used as an adjective, noun, verb [and probably any of the other grammatical words that I never understood while in school adverbs, etc.]. Anyway, the point is, I was so entertained with how many ways the “smurf” word was used!! And so, when I was taking my shower, my mind wandered and I thought…what if Cee-Lo was a Smurf? And this is what I came up with…

Smurf You! (ok, not the entire song)

I see you smurfin ‘round town

with the Smurfette I love and I’m like,
Smurf you.

Ooo Ooo

I guess the smurf in my pocket

wasn’t enough I’m like

smurf you!

and smurf her too!

I said if I was richer, I’d still be with ya
Ha, now ain’t that some smurf? (ain’t that some smurf)?

I picture the smurf who falls in love with you.

(Oh smurf she’s a smurf digger)

well

(just so you know smurf. Oh, you better watch your smurf!)

Ooooooh

I had myself in giggles (probably from the margaritas, but probably not since I hardly used that much tequila). I think I’m going to start using “smurf “ in my everyday jargon like WTF will now be “What the Smurf!?”! Oh Smurfelstics! will now take the place of “oh shoot!”. “I need some peace and quiet” will now be “I need some smurf and quiet”. I effin’ love it will now read “I smurfin’ love it”.


Anyway, I don’t know why I liked The Smurfs as a kid, and I don’t think I’d be able to watch another disc anytime soon. I was quite bored and ready to fall asleep. I did play a game while watching it, for each smurf I was making them be people I know IRL (in real life).

No comments:

Post a Comment