
Today was a very hot day. If I wasn’t away for the weekend I would totally confine myself to my bedroom and put the AC unit in the window. I was so glad to get to Groton so I could take a nice cold shower. It was 92° as I took the T to Harvard (which was packed after two stops and I tried my best to snap a photo trying to show how packed in we were) and hopped on the bus at Harvard to take me out to fancy schmancy Belmont. As we drove to Belmont from Harvard on a bus with no AC, it made me think I was in the south riding a bus in the 50s for some reason (I think part of that came from the fact I’m reading a book that takes place in the south, but I digress). I was so gross by the time I got off the bus, and was so glad there was a Starbucks store calling my name…[venti mocha coconut frapp which also acted as my lunch]. I did not feel out of place in the downtown area of Belmont with all these rich people surrounding me [many old] but everyone was really friendly. We drove past the Belmont Country Club [where Tom Brady plays] and huge houses. We stopped in Nashua for some shopping where I bought some dresses at JCP and hit up Costco for some BBQ items for tomorrow afternoon. I’m finally cool after my much needed cool shower, watching the Bruins game and completely relaxed. What a game this hockey game has been. It’s 8 minutes into the 3rd period and there have been NO penalties and NO scoring. What a game. No major fighting and they’re just letting the teams play hockey. Before the end of the night one of these teams playing in game 7, will take on Vancouver for the Stanley Cup Final. Go B’s!
No comments:
Post a Comment