I feel like a bad hostess. I ended up sleeping in until 11:30 this morning. I didn’t wake up at all once my head hit the pillow, and did not plan on sleeping so late. Poor Suz who crashed at my place after our party was awake for an hour or so before me. Thank goodness for iPhones, she was able to keep herself entertained while I slept. It was nice having a house guest and now my place feels empty and I find myself lonely. She was my first friend to sleepover. I’m glad I have a comfy couch. We had a light breakfast with coffee and chatted before taking over some cupcakes to the firemen next door. They weren’t the same ones from last night who rescued us, but there was a cute red head sitting at the desk and seemed to be the younger crew (of course, I always see the older crew in passing). So, yes, I’ve finally met (albeit briefly) some firemen from next door. [I wonder if they actually eat the stuff people bring them??] We had a cab pick us up so we could carry her hoop, table we used for beer pong, bags and cupcakes in the tins. We pull up to her apartment and get everything and Suz was like “are we forgetting something? Do you have the cupcakes?” Oops! They were sitting on the planter outside my apartment where we were waiting for the cab and totally forgot to grab them when the cab finally arrived. I was worried that someone would have taken the tin pans they were in, but after running errands and walking through the park to snap some tulip photos, I came home and found them in the same spot where we left them. So now, I have almost an entire lemon cake and 15 cupcakes to take to work because I’m not eating them all. The rest of the day I just lounged around. Finished up one book I was reading. I was too tired to take out the trash and recyclables, wash dishes and wipe down the tables…but there’s always tomorrow. I decided to leave all they decorations up. It makes the apartment look festive and we spent so much time putting them up, might as well get the most out of them. I do have to post another party sometime soon since I now have a full shelf of beer in my fridge thanks to everyone who brought cases.
Photo taken in the Public Garden. Not all of them are blooming yet, but wanted to get some photos just in case I don’t make it over again. I always walk alone, if I wasn’t wearing loungewear I would have asked someone to snap my photo so I would have another tulip photo, but next time. It was a nice day. I’m loving this cooler weather and happy that it’s warm enough to wear flip flops!!
No comments:
Post a Comment