Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home Goods Grand Opening


I'm a shopaholic. Not with the typical girl items like clothes, shoes, purses, make-up, etc, but with home goods. Today I went home early b/c I was beyond exhausted after last night's game. I took a nap and after I woke up I went shopping. When I grabbed the mail today I saw a flyer announcing that today is the grand opening of the new Home Goods store in Allston (part of TJ Maxx, Marshall's, etc). OMG! It's like heaven. I got so many ideas, but only bought one thing... a thing that you put under your area rug to make it a little cushioning on the feet and keep the rug from sliding on the hardwood floor. I've been toying with buying one for my living room rug for months now and decided it was a good price and bought it (but I paid with a gift card so I don't feel so guilty). They didn't have as much as I was hoping for, for the size of this store (I think the one in Somerville near the Christmas Tree Shops is better), but I did spent quite a while walking around looking at items, like lamps for the living room and paintings. This could be dangerous, having this kind of store so close to where I live. They even have Waterford Crystal at really low prices and really nice Italian wine glasses that I really had to show some self control b/c I really don't need anymore wine glasses, but these were really nice. Maybe once I buy a china cabinet will I start purchasing nice dishes and glasses, but until then, I have to keep telling myself I don't need anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment