Thursday, May 5, 2011

Red...

...Pin


...Sox



Well today we got rain. Got caught in a downpour at lunch and have been wet since. Tonight was my Red Pin party. And yes, it wouldn't be a party if I didn't win another party, which I did during the last 10 minutes striking on my one and only front red pin.

After bowling a friend and I hopped over to Fenway for the Red Sox/Angels game (he got free tickets from his boss). We get there at the end of the 4th, and no sooner do we get to our seats do they call a rain delay! I'm thinking "cool, I've never been to a game delayed by rain". We didn't get to see any plays, only the guys running off the field and the ground crew putting the tarp on the field. 8:30pm and we end up going to Fenway to watch a Bruins game (as they put the game on the jumbo tron). 2 hours later, it's still raining and I'm being stubborn wanting to stay to watch at least 1 inning...if the rain ever stops. My friend leaves at 10pm. It's still raining. Finally at 10:45pm the ground crew takes the tarp off the field and the top of the 5th begins a little after 11pm, with it still misty raining. I am soaked and cold. We get to sit wherever we like so I choose 8 rows up from home plate looking straight down the 3rd baseline. I get great views of my favorite players, Mike Cameron and Adrian Gonzalez. We get free Dunkin Donuts coffee, tea or hot chocolate for our patience during the 2.5 hour rain delay. 1:12am and it's the bottom of the 9th. I'm tried, the T has stopped running, it's still raining, but then the Sox tie it up. So I stay, find myself near the away team's dugout, 4 rows from the field. 10th, 11th, 12th inning. We think we're going to win it, as someone (honestly, I'm too tired to even look at my photos, but I think it's Youkilis) hits the green monster but it bounces into left field and we get an out at home (which would have won the game). So it's 2:24am, top of the 13th, it has stopped raining and I have to go home. So I walk about 10-15 minutes and catch a cab in Brookline to take me home. My first time taking a cab by myself (ok, 2nd time, forgot I had to take a cab home from the airport once), and I get home just a little before 3am. What a game! Just checked the score and the Sox lost in the 13th inning, final score 3 to 5. Now I just hope I don't catch a cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment