
Today I went back to Sam Adam's Brewery with some guys from the meet-up group I belong to. I was excited that I was able to get the 3rd glass (out of 4) of their tasting glass collection. We got to try a test beer, so no one else ever will taste this beer and once it's gone, that's it. It was a dark beer, a maple wood port and I wasn't a fan (but that doesn't say much since I'm not a fan of the Boston Lager either). MA state law allows 21 ounces of free beer to be given out per person, so we are only allowed 3 different kinds of beer (and also why the tasting glasses are 7 ounces). Of course, we had extra beer floating around in pitchers so I had probably 35 ounces of beer in as many minutes. We then took the free party trolley to Doyle's for some food and more Sam Adam's beer. Because we were on the brewery tour, we were able to keep our Sam Adam's pint glass. So now I have 3 tasting glasses and 2 pint glasses and each time I go to the brewery, I taste a new beer. One of the oldest Irish Pubs in Boston, Doyle's was established in 1882 (a little more than a century before Sam Adam's was established). The beer was only $5 (not bad!) and I had a grilled cheese and fries. It was a fun day and I tried a new place, which I'm looking forward to going to after the next visit to the brewery. This pub was in the movie "Mystic River", something I have not seen, but after hearing this and reading a reference from the movie in my DC thriller book "The Inner Circle", I'm definitely going to have to add that movie to my movie queue.
No comments:
Post a Comment