Sunday, May 22, 2011

Busy Busy Busy Day!


[Disclaimer: I typed this on my phone and did not proof read it before posting due to the time I got in and how tired I am].

What a busy 15 hours I had. First, woke up before my 9am alarm. Met a group to do a pastry crawl in the North End where we had cappuccinos, lobster roll, moon pies [pictured], cannolis, pizza or calzones, and gelato. It was such a lovely day out. No rain like I was expecting and blue skies. We are outside along the crawl. So nice! We even stumbled upon the North End library book sale. I bought the entire Twilight series for $6.

I got home and entered the dirty diaper pail, and started looking for the dead mouse. I found it. The exterminator had set a snap trap under my kitchen's radiator and it caught a fat one. I nearly threw up my pastries from the stench as I wrapped my broom handle with a grocery bag, pushed the dead mouse and trap out from under the radiator and onto a newspaper where I managed to get it into a bag.and toss it. One would think I solved the problem, right? No! The stench got worse after disturbing the resting place! I kept my back door opened all day and that didn't help. I so wish I had Vicks to put on my upper lip to mask the stench. I don't have Lysol, so I did my best to pour baking soda under the radiator.

I was so glad when a friend who's apartment shopping showed up and asked if I wanted to go with her to check out the apartment directly across the street from me. The 2 we looked at were not that nice, which made me really appreciate my apartment. We grabbed ice coffee from a coffee place near me which I've never been to and enjoyed the sunshine.

After a few hours of resting, out I went to a friends going away party on Newbury St where I had multiple cups of Jungle Juice and a shot of tequilla. She's joining the Peace Corp and did a "Welcome to the Jungle" theme. I then headed down the street to a friends birthday party around midnight and managed to say hi and chat with those I knew before heading home ten minutes to 1am. Low and behold, I caught my train before it left the station and got home a little after 1. I must say, I am beyond exhausted. I don't think I have a free weekend until July and might miss church in the morning and opt for the 4pm mass so I can try to recover from this crazy busy week. I'm just thankful the baking soda seems to have done the trick on eating away the death stench so I'm not inhaling and gagging while I try to sleep. Oh what a day it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment