Monday, May 9, 2011

Hardware Store


Today I walked to and from work and had to stop at the hardware store on the way home. Yesterday felt like I moved. Suz is leaving and I took a bunch of stuff off her hands. It looks like I have a roommate moving in, but no...I don't. I thought I lost pieces to the futon so before going to work I grabbed pieces I thought I needed more of. Two trips to this hardware store and I manged to put the futon back together again. I have to return extra pieces that I ended up not needing tomorrow b/c they were closed by the time I got the thing put together. Poor guys working there; they were really helpful, but probably sick of me. First I brought the wrong screws (smaller ones for the back) when I really needed a large screw (for the front). Then I bought new screws and bolt like thingies b/c I thought I was missing the bolt like thingies and the screws that I did have for the front of the futon frame would not fit in the bolt like thingy b/c they were different cuts, so I had to buy new screws for the bolt like thingies. I come home and find that some of the bolt thingies were actually in the holes out of sight, so after all of that, I didn't need the screws or bolt thingies, other than the one that was always missing. So tomorrow I will walk to this hardware store to return the extra pieces (my third trip). Now, this is about a 30 minute walk from my apartment. I have a hardware store right cross the street from me but they close way too early (5:30/6) so there was no way I'd be able to get what I needed there. I guess besides successfully putting the futon together, I worked off my mocha coconut frapp I bought at Starbucks today for happy hour :)

1 comment: