Thursday, June 10, 2010

4 Days off Drugs


Today I actually didn't have anything interesting happen. It was a boring day at work. It was rainy out and much cooler than it has been. It's my 4th day off my allergy medicine b/c I am getting tested on Monday and can't have any antihistamines in my system for a week to get accurate readings. This would be fine except my room has been making me sick since moving in last September. The walls are crying [photo is recent tears on one of my 3 walls that will need to be replaced] and crying even more so with all the spring showers we've been having. Mold is living in the walls, which I am highly allergic to. It sucks that I spend the most time in my room (sleeping mostly) and waking up with itchy eyes, plugged nose, coughing and sneezing. So, thankfully I will be on vacation next week and my walls will be torn down and everything replaced and rebuilt. So between getting allergy tested and deciding if I'm going back on injections or try different allergy meds and getting the mold out of the walls, hopefully my health will improve soon so I don't always feel so yucky! It pisses me off that I having been paying to live in a place that makes me sick and wish I had had someone inspect the place before I moved in (lesson learned for next time around).

In other news, we had out first Brookline Girls Night. Four of us that live within 2 blocks of each other met at one of our apartment's for homemade veggie lasagna and apple crisp for dinner. It was so yummy, the apple crisp might just be better than my apple crumb pie! I've come a long way since last year. This time last year I only knew one person in the city and spent many nights, days and dinners all alone. Now, I'm lucky to have a night alone every few weeks! But no complaints. Boston is where I need to be, at least for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment