I love traveling. Airports are comforting to me. I’ve been flying on planes since I was 3 months old. Many of my fondest childhood memories take place on a plane. I love the smell, the interesting people. Today when I went through airport security at Logan airport (one of the first US airports to get those full body scan machines) and was chosen to go through them. Now, you have a right to opt out of this and instead get a pat down. So I elected for the pat down. The female security person explained everything and I’m thinking to myself, “just get on with it” and kept asking me if I wanted to do the screening in private. I said “no” as it didn’t bother me, I’ve been patted down before. When she was done she made a comment about it being a lot of work. And I thought to myself “that’s not my problem. It’s your job and I have a right to opt out of exposing myself to these machines (even if they emit less radiation than TVs as the male TSA agent told me). I don’t agree with these machines and so it was my way of boycotting. I just found it hilarious.
Anyway, my flight was supposed to leave at 8:47PM, it is now 10:24PM and the flight from Buffalo which is our plane to NC just arrived. The bars are closed and the CNN TV's can't be changed to the NBA game. I'm quite thankful for free internet and it's nice that my fellow passengers are not complaining about this 2 plus hour delay. The old me (pre Boston, would be livid and all bitchy, but not anymore, I've learned to just go with the flow and not get upset over things that are out of my control). I won't get into NC until 1am and then its an hour or so drive to Fort Bragg. It's going to be a long night, but super excited to see my niece and nephew. Last time I had a delay at Logan it was trying to get to Buffalo last summer, ironic that the reason I am delayed to NC tonight has to do with a flight originating in Buffalo. Oh well, time to board finally!!
No comments:
Post a Comment