Sunday, June 27, 2010

To Health


Well, today was a productive day, despite getting up "early" and having to deal with heat (80° in apartment). After seeing myself in a swim suit last weekend, and the fact that I'm seeing doctors nearly weekly (and getting weighed every time) I told myself that today I would start my health kick. First, I unpacked my ottoman set. I've been eying this sucker at Bed Bath and Beyond for months now, so I took advantage of having a car and picked it up. There's 4 small ones that collapse and can be stored in the larger one and all 5 can hold stuff. Now I can read and relax while sitting on the love seat whenever I'm at my apartment. Relaxing is really something I need to focus on again. Second, I did yoga for the first time in probably a month. I've noticed a huge difference in how my body feels since quitting my morning yoga practice, especially since I've been working out at the gym an not really stretching. I need to gradually get back into my morning routine. Third, I cooked some meals for the week and have decided on days when I'm not meeting friends for dinner, I will have my protein shake for dinner and eat my larger meal at lunch time. Fourth, I took an hour of my evening to get lost in my guilty Vampire pleasure "TrueBlood" while using my new ottoman. Fifth, I drank a lot of water today. I have been feeling dehydrated lately and noticed when I fill my water bottle up, I tend to drink more than I do if I only have water in a glass. Sixth, I caught up with my best friend, my sister, and my mom today. I feel like I can finally breathe again after a crazy couple of weeks, but I know it will be short lived as I have more weekend trips ahead. Hopefully I can stick to my plan and get healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment