Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mmm Mmm Good!


Before I get to the description of the photo, what would a Bostonian Transplant blog be without another T story? Tonight it was my turn to cook dinner for my Boston best friend. I hit the gym after work and went to the bus stop to catch the 5:47 bus home. Well, 20 minutes later, no 5:47 bus, 10 minutes after that, no 6:07 bus, so I decided to walk home (which I should have done to begin with as it takes 25 minutes). So of course, I'm late for my own dinner. Anyway, it was a comfortable day, so it wasn't that big of a deal. But for those who are keeping count L=0 T=4 for the week.


I've never actually cooked for anyone, so I was looking forward to having my Boston best friend over. I made pasta pizza with corn on the cob as the side. And no meal (or get together for that matter) is ever complete without a bottle (or two) of wine. Since it was so nice outside today, we sat out on the back patio, which was actually cooler than inside the apartment for a change. I snapped this photo just as we were getting ready to eat. Tonight was very relaxing, catching up on things us girls talk about. THEN it was dessert time!! Now this is how I did it in Cali and being a Bostonian Transplant (read= city girl) I had to improvise when we made S'mores since there are no fire pits in the middle of the parking lot. [Kids, I don't recommend this by the way, always have an adult help you.] Large fork...check, graham crackers... check, chocolate bars...check, marshmallows... check, gas stove...check! Placed the marshmallow on the large fork and turned on the gas stove, placed the marshmallow over the flame and cook as you would over camp fire. They turned out oh so good! And that my friends is how I ended a perfect night with my Boston best friend...with yummy, gooey, Mmm Mmm good, chocolaty s'mores :)

No comments:

Post a Comment