This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I'm Just a Little Black Rain Cloud
Funny how when I was a kid watching Winnie the Pooh I used to love it when it rained. But, when it's hot and muggy and it rains, I'm not a happy camper. Oh, how I doubt when Pooh said "tut tut it looks like rain" to Christopher Robin was it 80° out and muggy. Today at work I couldn't help but think of Pooh Bear and his buddy Eeyore as I watched the passing thunder and lightning storm. I feel like the past few days I've been walking around with a rain cloud hanging over my head, and I'm not just talking about getting poured on Saturday with no umbrella either. Last night there was an awesome thunderstorm that kept me awake. I managed to reset my alarm, but forgot to turn the alarm clock on. So this morning my phone alarm (which I had set to alert me that I had to be out the door to make the T in time to make it to my 8am doctor's appointment) went off and woke me up. 5 minutes I was out of bed at waiting for the T. Of course it was muggy and I was soaking wet but I made it to my appointment, but no wonder my blood pressure was slightly elevated. I made it to work and was able to regroup. 60° in the office and I was not complaining. The morning did improve and it was relaxing to watch the afternoon thunder and lightning storm pass through. I snapped this photo just after it passed, instead of trying to snap one during the storm, for fear of being struck by lightning (with which the way things have been going, I wasn't taking any chances). So this is the "Quad" at work, my view every time I look out the window.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment