
Today was the day. 7 days off allergy medicines + 33 skin prick tests on the back of my arm + 17 shots + blood work = 3 hours in the Allergist office and [drum roll please] allergic to NOTHING?!! That was my morning. I honestly have no idea how the hell all the tests turned out negative (wont know the results of the blood work for a week) but there is something definitely wrong with me. I'm so thankful that I can go back on my meds again and I am now being referred to an ENT specialist b/c the allergist thinks there might be something they are missing that could be sinus related that share the same symptoms as what I have thought were allergy symptoms. According to these tests, I'm no longer allergic to cats and yet the minute I walked into my friends house last night (who has 2) I immediately felt their presence. So, it's a medical mystery right now as to why I have itchy eyes, sneezing, coughing, puffy feeling lips, congestion and post nasal drip. So in a month it looks like I will see the specialist and try to figure this one out. But for now, I have to carry on thinking I have allergies until these medical specialists can figure out what is wrong with me. Grrrr! All I want is to feel better and not wake up all stuffy with itchy eyes. Cant wait to take my Zyrtec tonight and hope tomorrow is a better day!
No comments:
Post a Comment