Friday, June 18, 2010

Free Birth Control


I got to wake up to my niece and smiling nephew this morning after getting to my sister's at 2:30am. They were really cute this morning, happy to see me and showing off. Though the showing off wore off fast and they returned to normal. I honestly don't know how my sister does it day after day. My niece whines and cries a lot (at least today she did) but my nephew is just the cutest thing ever, I just want to eat him up! This morning I gave them their presents (books) and we played with Abby (their chocolate lab puppy) and ran some errands. I fixed my nephew a waffle for a morning snack and as I was putting him down to get it ready he totally poked my eyeball and that hurt like a mo' fo'! My eye is still sore 12 hours later, it was all red and I hope I don't wake up with a black eye. It was totally an accident, but already on day 1 I've been injured, lol.

It was in the 90s today and ever so muggy, but my niece and I were outside off and on with Abby. I'm extremely tired from my long travel day yesterday and after making margaritas (and drinking 2 glasses) I was ready for bed at 7pm. After laying on the couch, my niece went upstairs and brought down two of her blankets and laid down with me (giving me one of her precious pink blankets). She then brought the books I bought her and started reading to me. Of course we hadn't had dinner yet, so I was doing my best to not fall asleep. It was the cutest thing having my niece "mommy" me. My nephew talks so much, he loves tractors and airplanes and tonight he sat in my lap and we watched and listened to Elmo Live with his blanket, he nearly dosed off in my lap so I was able to put him to bed with no problem. (My sister took a picture of us sitting and watching Elmo, but it didn't turn out that great b/c of the lighting.) It's times like that where I wish I was a mom, but then the craziness and whining that goes on during the day, really makes me not want kids. At least I know that there is no way I'm ready to be a mom right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment