Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Girls Night Out!

Me & Fabio


Some people are born leaders, other followers. I am the former, and being how I am, once I started working at HMS and felt secure and somewhat settled, I wanted to get some girls together for a "Girls Night Out". So, in March I shot the idea around with some of my work friends and close girlfriends I met in Boston, aiming for a small, close-knit group of girlfriends (read = young professionals, caring and nice...no drama queens or bitchy snobs) to get together once a month. And was able to get 5 other girls together who wanted to participate. Since I'm a planner, I tend to be the one organizing and coordinating our Girls Nights which seems to work for everyone :) Now, if you follow my Facebook, you know that there was a time when I was extremely confused about what exactly tapas were. So I decided to do tapas for our 3rd Girls Night Out. After doing some research I picked Bar Lola off Comm Ave, a place none of us have ever been to. 2 pitchers of sangria, veggie tapas, seafood tapas, meat tapas (for the omnivores in the group)... and of course dessert, typical Girls Night topics and our hottie latin server... Fabio ;)

So what happens during Girls Night? Well, first we order drinks... then we catch each other up on our day, work, parking, etc. Then as the alcohol sets in and we start eating, we get to the juicy stuff. We finally update each other on the guys in our lives, major events that have happened since our last Girls Night; we give advice, get advice, confess things that stay within the group and just have a great night that typically lasts about 2.5-3 hours. Tonight was probably the cheapest Girls Night. The food was amazing, no complaints about the Sangria, I really give it a 2 thumbs up. We had excellent service, Fabio was fabulouso making sure he didn't interrupt our girl talk during the juicy parts and even took some photos for us. Now, many of you know I have a thing for latin men (who I've learned are good for one thing and one thing only, but that's a whole other story) so the girls thought it would be fitting for me to have a photo taken with Fabio. I love these girls!! And to make the night even better (sangria, girls night, brownie sundae, Fabio), the Pru was all lit up green for the Celtics game AND amazingly enough, I didn't have to wait for the C line when I got in the T station to go home, so I didn't have to wait (that NEVER happens)!! Yes, my luck has definitely turned for the better :)


On a side note (something I'm pondering). I'm not really sure what is going on with the planets, but since finally feeling 100% single (no more ex) I've noticed that guys are noticing me way more than usual. Now of course, I'm not really sure which is which... is it that they always noticed but I just didn't notice them noticing me b/c I was still hung up on mattress boy? Or is it that I am sending off a different vibe now that I am over mattress boy, a vibe that is making guys notice me now? OR could it be a combination? Hmm... well, whatever it is, I kind of enjoy it. And yes folks... I am smiling again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment