Today was another busy day. After air mattress continued to deflate on me after using the plug, I got up early and went to Haymarket to buy some fruits and veggies for Monday's dinner. Then my mom and I had brunch at Paris Creperie down the street from me. I have never been and have wanted to try some crepes here, so I had a yummy and rich S'mores crepe which I should have split but ate the entire thing myself. My tummy was so full. We split a butter and brown sugar one and then my mom had a bacon and eggs one. We then went shopping on Boylston and in the Downtown Crossing area. We managed to come home and eat a salad for lunch before getting ready to head to the Wharf for our Boston Sunset Harbor Cruise. I've never done that either and it was fun to see Boston from sea. I took some good photos of the downtown skyline and must admit, Boston beats San Diego in sooo many ways! The cannons went off at sunset on the US Constitution (which is the one thing I have yet to see by foot- via the Freedom Trail) and enjoyed the 90 minute cruise around the Harbor. We docked at 8:30 and wanted to get some seafood. My mom's foot was really bothering her today, so I didn't want to walk too far. A lot of negative reviews were for the few places I could think of before it hit me. Irish pubs have seafood! So we walked 500 feet to The Black Rose where my mom had some Clam Chowdah and we both had some Fish 'n Chips. While eating dinner we saw the fireworks good off at the Harbor, my mom really did picked the best time to come visit Boston! We then made our way back into Brookline, where we stopped at Finales for some dessert. My mom ordered a Merlot and we split the 9 dessert sampler. Of course, my mom made me eat more than half of it b/c she got full, but we did have to take some home b/c I refuse to let a good dessert go to waste. Another busy busy day and was reminded why I don't have cable. I'm never home to watch it! We haven't even been home long enough to put on a movie or even an episode of NCIS. We've done so much these past few days, always on the go (just like it is when no one is here visiting me) but tomorrow will be a nice day of rest since we will be going out of the city for a surprise birthday party up in Groton.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Boston Harbor Sunset Cruise
Today was another busy day. After air mattress continued to deflate on me after using the plug, I got up early and went to Haymarket to buy some fruits and veggies for Monday's dinner. Then my mom and I had brunch at Paris Creperie down the street from me. I have never been and have wanted to try some crepes here, so I had a yummy and rich S'mores crepe which I should have split but ate the entire thing myself. My tummy was so full. We split a butter and brown sugar one and then my mom had a bacon and eggs one. We then went shopping on Boylston and in the Downtown Crossing area. We managed to come home and eat a salad for lunch before getting ready to head to the Wharf for our Boston Sunset Harbor Cruise. I've never done that either and it was fun to see Boston from sea. I took some good photos of the downtown skyline and must admit, Boston beats San Diego in sooo many ways! The cannons went off at sunset on the US Constitution (which is the one thing I have yet to see by foot- via the Freedom Trail) and enjoyed the 90 minute cruise around the Harbor. We docked at 8:30 and wanted to get some seafood. My mom's foot was really bothering her today, so I didn't want to walk too far. A lot of negative reviews were for the few places I could think of before it hit me. Irish pubs have seafood! So we walked 500 feet to The Black Rose where my mom had some Clam Chowdah and we both had some Fish 'n Chips. While eating dinner we saw the fireworks good off at the Harbor, my mom really did picked the best time to come visit Boston! We then made our way back into Brookline, where we stopped at Finales for some dessert. My mom ordered a Merlot and we split the 9 dessert sampler. Of course, my mom made me eat more than half of it b/c she got full, but we did have to take some home b/c I refuse to let a good dessert go to waste. Another busy busy day and was reminded why I don't have cable. I'm never home to watch it! We haven't even been home long enough to put on a movie or even an episode of NCIS. We've done so much these past few days, always on the go (just like it is when no one is here visiting me) but tomorrow will be a nice day of rest since we will be going out of the city for a surprise birthday party up in Groton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment