Today I went to work and had my mom hang out and wait for the washer repair guy and for my table to be delivered. I came home at noon and waited for the bus to go back to work. And of course the bus was late, so I really got to show my mom a day in the life of me. I ordered my favorite pizza from Penguin Pizza in Brigham Circle and at in the Dean's office where my mom got to meet my boss and coworker. Then I gave her the tour of Gordon Hall, the Countway Library (and the museum on the 5th floor which wasn't smart after eating lunch). Then we walked through the basement to the TMEC building, walked down Longwood, stopped to get an ice coffee from McDonald's. We then walked down Brookline Ave towards Landmark Center, where I showed her my old apartment in Fenway and then walked to Fenway Park and hopped the T at Kenmore to take her to Christmas Tree Shops and Costco. We bought some things at Christmas Tree Shops (where I slipped on the floor again hitting my bad knee). We then walked back to the T stop, got home and ate burritos. I used this stupid cheese grinder that clogged with the cheese and stupid me and knives, used my sharp knife to scrape out the cheese. Didn't think anything of it until I was half way through my burrito and my mom took a bite of her's and had a plastic shaving...which came from the stupid cheese bowl I ground up. After thinking about it, it probably wasn't from the knife b/c these plastic pieces were small and curled like the cheese, so I probably put too much pressure on the plastic thing as I was grinding. Ugh, so after consuming half a burrito with plastic, I dissected what was left and fished out quite a few pieces of plastic (which was hard to do since I had used sour cream which the plastic blended into). So if I die, it's the plastic's fault! Now we are resting our feet. Will probably play a game or two before going to bed. Another fun and busy day planned for tomorrow.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Giving Mom the Tour
Today I went to work and had my mom hang out and wait for the washer repair guy and for my table to be delivered. I came home at noon and waited for the bus to go back to work. And of course the bus was late, so I really got to show my mom a day in the life of me. I ordered my favorite pizza from Penguin Pizza in Brigham Circle and at in the Dean's office where my mom got to meet my boss and coworker. Then I gave her the tour of Gordon Hall, the Countway Library (and the museum on the 5th floor which wasn't smart after eating lunch). Then we walked through the basement to the TMEC building, walked down Longwood, stopped to get an ice coffee from McDonald's. We then walked down Brookline Ave towards Landmark Center, where I showed her my old apartment in Fenway and then walked to Fenway Park and hopped the T at Kenmore to take her to Christmas Tree Shops and Costco. We bought some things at Christmas Tree Shops (where I slipped on the floor again hitting my bad knee). We then walked back to the T stop, got home and ate burritos. I used this stupid cheese grinder that clogged with the cheese and stupid me and knives, used my sharp knife to scrape out the cheese. Didn't think anything of it until I was half way through my burrito and my mom took a bite of her's and had a plastic shaving...which came from the stupid cheese bowl I ground up. After thinking about it, it probably wasn't from the knife b/c these plastic pieces were small and curled like the cheese, so I probably put too much pressure on the plastic thing as I was grinding. Ugh, so after consuming half a burrito with plastic, I dissected what was left and fished out quite a few pieces of plastic (which was hard to do since I had used sour cream which the plastic blended into). So if I die, it's the plastic's fault! Now we are resting our feet. Will probably play a game or two before going to bed. Another fun and busy day planned for tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment