Today my mom and I slept in and then went to the Museum of Science for Free Friday. I've never been and this was a perfect time for my mom to visit. The human body, math, eye straining art, weather, baby chicks hatching...it was packed with kids, but I'm glad to cross this off my Boston to do list. On our way from the T station to the museum we got stuck at the draw bridge, which I didn't even know we had those here. Thankfully the watch tower told us all that were on the bridge to scoot back behind the gate (we were almost halfway across the bridge when the alarms sounded) otherwise, we would have had the bridge in our faces. Later on we met friends up in the North End. It's been probably 10 years since my mom saw them last, so we had a fine Italian dinner with a couple glasses of Merlot. They are having the Saint Anthony's Feast this weekend, so while eating dinner we were able to see the parade and then later walked through the streets packed with food, merchandise and game vendors. Of course we were so full from dinner that we had no room for the many desserts and Italian foods, but that didn't stop us from stopping at Maria's for some Cannolis to go. We then continued to walk to Faneuil Hall. After walking our friends to the T station, my mom and I walked to Beacon Hill where I picked up the plug for the air mattress (leather couches are not the best for sleeping on- in case you ever wonder and are looking for a couch, keep that in mind). I gave her a brief tour of Beacon Hill and we cut through the Public Garden to hop on the T to go back home. We were out and about for nearly 12 hours today (mostly on our feet) and were so glad to sit down with some coffee and cannolis before calling it a night.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Museum and North End
Today my mom and I slept in and then went to the Museum of Science for Free Friday. I've never been and this was a perfect time for my mom to visit. The human body, math, eye straining art, weather, baby chicks hatching...it was packed with kids, but I'm glad to cross this off my Boston to do list. On our way from the T station to the museum we got stuck at the draw bridge, which I didn't even know we had those here. Thankfully the watch tower told us all that were on the bridge to scoot back behind the gate (we were almost halfway across the bridge when the alarms sounded) otherwise, we would have had the bridge in our faces. Later on we met friends up in the North End. It's been probably 10 years since my mom saw them last, so we had a fine Italian dinner with a couple glasses of Merlot. They are having the Saint Anthony's Feast this weekend, so while eating dinner we were able to see the parade and then later walked through the streets packed with food, merchandise and game vendors. Of course we were so full from dinner that we had no room for the many desserts and Italian foods, but that didn't stop us from stopping at Maria's for some Cannolis to go. We then continued to walk to Faneuil Hall. After walking our friends to the T station, my mom and I walked to Beacon Hill where I picked up the plug for the air mattress (leather couches are not the best for sleeping on- in case you ever wonder and are looking for a couch, keep that in mind). I gave her a brief tour of Beacon Hill and we cut through the Public Garden to hop on the T to go back home. We were out and about for nearly 12 hours today (mostly on our feet) and were so glad to sit down with some coffee and cannolis before calling it a night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment