
Today was a day of rest. I am so thankful I decided to do all the running around stuff Thursday, Friday and Saturday because today was hot. We walked to church this morning and got a little sweaty. From church we headed to North Station to catch the train to North Billerica for our friends surprise birthday party up in Groton. It's so nice being out of the city. My mom got to see where our friends live and see where I go to escape the city and feel like I'm home. It was nice doing nothing today (as in not running around all over the city to do this or that or see this or that). Sitting on the back patio overlooking the forest while sipping on some sun tea was just what the doctor ordered! I never had sun tea before, probably because up until recently, I wasn't a tea drinker, but adding a couple scoops of sugar and I was sold. We then had pizza, chips and dip, beer, cake and ice cream with our friends and their neighbors and friends. It was fun. On the train back the train ticket guy didn't collect our tickets saying to use them for a rainy day. At first I was like maybe he thinks I'm cute, but he was being nice to everyone since it was the last train from Lowell. So almost back home, might be the earliest we've gotten home since my mom arrived. Then some cleaning before going to bed b/c I made a stupid dentist appointment for bright and early tomorrow morning, meaning I have to get up before I would even get up if I were going to work tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment