Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Green Monstah


Red Sox game! Tonight I actually though of San Diego. The 3 years with an ex who L-O-V-E LOVED baseball. The summers going to PetCo (or Jack Murphy Stadium before it became the "Q"). I miss being around guys who LOVE sports and can talk sports. I miss being able to impress people with my baseball knowledge. And, I had another "why is there even a 2nd baseman if there are two short stops? :P (Short story for those who did not know me back in the Cali days or don't know enough about sports). My 3rd Red Sox game evah and my first time sitting somewhere besides the outfield bleachers. Before the game (which I walked to from work...go me! getting my 2 miles of walking a day in) me and one of my friends met up for dinner. We ate at a place I've only been in for drinks and it was an Irish pub, which had yummy fries and the bread for my grilled cheese was like a soda bread...I could have just had the bread it was so good! Fenway, being so old, has obstructed views. Like this stupid pole that was blocking my view of 2nd base (there's no such thing as a second baseman anyway, right? lol). The seats are like bleacher seats, or folding metal chairs. I should have taken a photo b.c it's hard to explain. I did bring in my own water and Cracker Jacks to save myself like $8, and really missed going to see the Padres play... tonight brought back a lot of baseball memories. Oh, and seat 1 (which I had) was all the way in against a wall, so the only way to get out was to cross 18 people (thankfully I went to the restroom before going to the game so I didn't have to get up except when we left). Which by the way, we left early (I'm tired and have a bright and early doctors appointment tomorrow), not too early though, the middle of the 8th with the Sox beating the Indians, but missed a fight :( So now I'll have to read about it tomorrow when I get to work. It was warm out tonight, not liking the humidity...where is the Fall like weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment