Girls Night during restaurant week, location Rialto in Cambridge. $33.10 for 3 courses. I have to say, every time I eat at a really nice restaurant in Cambridge, they are overly priced and you are served small portions. Of course, this time was during restaurant week where they do serve smaller portions to make up for the price they charge, but then slow service put on top of that and it makes me thankful I don't go across the river all too often. The food was good, but service was slow...we waited like 15 minutes between our entrée and dessert. We waited a while before our waitress came once we were seated and waited a long while before we got bread. My water cup had food particles floating in it, so I had to ask for a new glass once the gal came back to fill some of the other glasses up. Over 2 hours for dinner. The company was good though, quieter than previous Girls Night, but then again there were a few new faces thrown in the group so it kind of felt like our first Girls Night where it took people a while to warm up. Dessert did finally come and it was good. And once again I've gotten home too late to do any drilling and hammering to hang my shelves...so no gym tomorrow b/c I have to come home after work to finish getting things ready for Game Night.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Girls Night
Girls Night during restaurant week, location Rialto in Cambridge. $33.10 for 3 courses. I have to say, every time I eat at a really nice restaurant in Cambridge, they are overly priced and you are served small portions. Of course, this time was during restaurant week where they do serve smaller portions to make up for the price they charge, but then slow service put on top of that and it makes me thankful I don't go across the river all too often. The food was good, but service was slow...we waited like 15 minutes between our entrée and dessert. We waited a while before our waitress came once we were seated and waited a long while before we got bread. My water cup had food particles floating in it, so I had to ask for a new glass once the gal came back to fill some of the other glasses up. Over 2 hours for dinner. The company was good though, quieter than previous Girls Night, but then again there were a few new faces thrown in the group so it kind of felt like our first Girls Night where it took people a while to warm up. Dessert did finally come and it was good. And once again I've gotten home too late to do any drilling and hammering to hang my shelves...so no gym tomorrow b/c I have to come home after work to finish getting things ready for Game Night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment