Today wasn't too bad. Started off bright an early for a painful dental appointment, wow! Then it got hot and I took my mom on the T so she could ride on the last line to complete Boston T travel (Green, Blue, Red, Orange). We went over to Cambridge and walked around Harvard and Harvard Sq. Where I ran into the ex who I never would have recognized (b/c he looked horrible with long hair, grubby looking) except I am all too familiar with his eyes. I totally just gave him a smile, didn't do or say anything. It definitely got me shaking though, and yet, made me laugh at the same time because he had to do a like 4 double takes as he walked past me (as my mom and I walked into Chipotle). After forcing myself to eat lunch, we caught the bus back to Coolidge Corner and grabbed a few remaining items for my dinner party with my closest friends to meet my mom. I got to use my new table and serving platters. We had red and sweet red wine, bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, spinach salad with feta, avocado, blueberries and strawberries and spaghetti pizza as the main dish. Then we had dessert...ice cream in my ice cream cone glasses. It was really nice and fun to have my friends meet my mom. She approves of everyone :p I just wish that it would stop being so freakin hot every time I decide to have a bunch of people over! It really never fails. But, it was fun, many laughs were had (some at my own expense) and it was good food, great company and now all the dishes are cleaned and I am ready for bed. What a crazy busy week it has been.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Harvard Sq and Dinner Party
Today wasn't too bad. Started off bright an early for a painful dental appointment, wow! Then it got hot and I took my mom on the T so she could ride on the last line to complete Boston T travel (Green, Blue, Red, Orange). We went over to Cambridge and walked around Harvard and Harvard Sq. Where I ran into the ex who I never would have recognized (b/c he looked horrible with long hair, grubby looking) except I am all too familiar with his eyes. I totally just gave him a smile, didn't do or say anything. It definitely got me shaking though, and yet, made me laugh at the same time because he had to do a like 4 double takes as he walked past me (as my mom and I walked into Chipotle). After forcing myself to eat lunch, we caught the bus back to Coolidge Corner and grabbed a few remaining items for my dinner party with my closest friends to meet my mom. I got to use my new table and serving platters. We had red and sweet red wine, bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, spinach salad with feta, avocado, blueberries and strawberries and spaghetti pizza as the main dish. Then we had dessert...ice cream in my ice cream cone glasses. It was really nice and fun to have my friends meet my mom. She approves of everyone :p I just wish that it would stop being so freakin hot every time I decide to have a bunch of people over! It really never fails. But, it was fun, many laughs were had (some at my own expense) and it was good food, great company and now all the dishes are cleaned and I am ready for bed. What a crazy busy week it has been.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment