So this was the first Black Friday that I actually shopped before going to bed. I hit up Walmart at 12:01 and as they were pulling off the wrapping for the good deals, I ran into my friend who had grabbed a bunch of the 500 thread count sheets I've been trying to get 2 years in a row ($19.88). They had no more on the shelf by the time I got there, but thankfully my friend picked me up one. So I made my way through the crowded (think traffic jam) aisles and picked up my first Blu-ray disk, a Wii game ($7) and a few movies (under $2) before checking out and driving back to go to bed. Hit some rain and light snow, but nothing stuck. Got back around 2am and slept until 10:30. Hit up Kohls for some things, then overdid it at the Christmas Tree Shop, Target and then Costco. Ugh... spent way too much...like over $500 and most of it was for myself (well the apartment and for entertaining, cables for the TVs and boxes). So I am done shopping for the year. Now it's time to wrap stuff up and stick them under my tree :)
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Friday, November 26, 2010
12:01am - Black Friday Shopping
So this was the first Black Friday that I actually shopped before going to bed. I hit up Walmart at 12:01 and as they were pulling off the wrapping for the good deals, I ran into my friend who had grabbed a bunch of the 500 thread count sheets I've been trying to get 2 years in a row ($19.88). They had no more on the shelf by the time I got there, but thankfully my friend picked me up one. So I made my way through the crowded (think traffic jam) aisles and picked up my first Blu-ray disk, a Wii game ($7) and a few movies (under $2) before checking out and driving back to go to bed. Hit some rain and light snow, but nothing stuck. Got back around 2am and slept until 10:30. Hit up Kohls for some things, then overdid it at the Christmas Tree Shop, Target and then Costco. Ugh... spent way too much...like over $500 and most of it was for myself (well the apartment and for entertaining, cables for the TVs and boxes). So I am done shopping for the year. Now it's time to wrap stuff up and stick them under my tree :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment