Thursday, November 18, 2010

First Light Festival


So tonight I stopped at Trader Joe's b/c I took the shuttle from work instead of waiting in the cold and darkness for the usual bus. There were booths out with free cider and popcorn and various other things and a DJ (that's him in the photo as I wait for the T) playing everything from Oldies to the latest hits which I couldn't help bopping my head and tapping my foot to the music while I waited for the T to take me home. Apparently, tonight was Brookline's First Light Festival...the kick off to the shopping season. With free food, fun, and music. They even have a town scavenger hunt that goes through December 2nd, how fun!! Of course, I had some friends over and we had Chinese food and played a game, but had I heard about this beforehand, I totally would have suggested this. It totally felt like Christmas. You had the Salvation Army guys ringing the bell for change to go in the bucket, the DJ, live performances, balloons, tons of families and groups of friends walking around. It was almost like Halloween in a way, just minus the costumes. Not sure if by "1st" they mean the first ever or meaning it's the first night of shopping sort of thing. Will have to remember this for next year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment