Monday, November 15, 2010

A Child's Love


The kids playing on the train tracks with the train we made out of boxes.


A severe sore throat. A horrible night's sleep with major stomach pains. Waking up to giggles and the little one jumping in his crib, wishing I could sleep. Feeding the babies, changing their stinky diapers, stepping in to stop the fighting. Putting them down for a nap and falling asleep myself for a few hours. Welcome to motherhood. So today was a ok day. I feel like shit, but still had a picnic lunch with the babies again. Still read stories and rubbed their backs. While my sister is on partial bed rest, I've had to step in to carry the kids and lift anything heavy. I am ready to get home so I can take care of myself (I've been sick for a month with 3 different things), but I am going to miss holding my niece after she wakes up from a nap wanting only her Auntie Lorien and having my nephew tell me "poop poop in potty" letting me know he has to go (which btw he did go in the potty tonight even though I have not been training him). My last night here and happy to have Grammie take over. My nephew laid on the couch with me for about an hour before I took him upstairs to go to bed. The love of a child is the greatest thing in the world, making up for all exhaustion I feel. I'm going to miss the babies. And to all you moms out there, you have the hardest job out there (and if you don't think so, then you are doing something wrong). This time tomorrow I'll be back to reality, getting ready for work and all the stuff I have waiting back for me in Boston. Oh, and yes, even though I didn't work today, today is my official 1 year anniversary working at Harvard Medical School...time sure does fly as it does not feel like a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment