Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, My Christmas Tree


I started the week off by going to church, something I haven't done in a long while. It felt good to get back in the routine and ran into one of my friends/neighbors when I got inside. It is nice being able to recognize people and run into friends when I am out and about now, something that didn't happen this time last year.

It was 34° when I walked to church, 38° when I got out and I think that was as high as we got today, so I stayed in after getting back from church and worked on the tree. It's not the type of tree I am used to, so it will take awhile for me to get it right, but I did the best I could today. Stringing the lights were the hardest, I guess there is a reason why we always let mom do those. Colored lights, lights that blink to the sound of Christmas songs, white lights that don't blink and then white lights that blink (but not to the music). All my Christmas ornaments I have collected through the years are all back home, so I decorated the tree with the ornaments my friend gave me. I did find some of my mini ornaments so I did add some of my own touches to it. I had my Christmas music playing while doing this of course. I even made some table centerpieces out of the ornaments (yes, I got my craft on and now me and my apartment are covered in glitter- thanks Suz!). I'm in the holiday spirit. This is the first time I've been able to decorate MY own place and decided to put the tree up now b/c I'll be gone for half of December practically- I want to be able to enjoy it. Plus, the lights really make the place feel warm and welcoming. Now I want to go ice skating out on Frog Pond and yes... I can't wait for the first snow fall!! I'm ready to have a snow ball fight, make a snow angel and go sledding.

No comments:

Post a Comment