
Today I took my first sick day. My doctor called at 7:40 this morning, then I took some NyQuil before going back to bed, sleeping until noon. The nice thing about being sick on the first Monday of the month: free Red Box rentals. So today I hung out on my couch and watched "Get Him to the Greek", " How to Train Your Dragon" and "Iron Man 2". Of course, I spent some time outdoors walking to and from the store, and was able to enjoy the fall leaves in my neighborhood. Goodbye Indian Summer (aka Fall) and hello winter. It was frigid out today, gloves are out and its time to switch out my summer clothes with my winter layers. The heat kicked on pretty much all day long so I was glad I didn't have to be outside too long. It's going to be hard to get myself out of the house tomorrow for work. Going to have to start wearing my gloves and hats and winter coats I think, another low 30s morning tomorrow. This yucky cold is going around the office, and I am sure doing some of the things I did this weekend, didn't help my recovery, so this sick day was definitely needed. It was weird not being at work today. It made me remember my traveling days, when I would sit inside all day long if I wasn't out discovering new cities. I am thankful for having a job now, and getting paid sick days. It still doesn't feel real to me. Any who, planning on taking it easy this week, so I am well enough to travel next week. Happy November 1st!
No comments:
Post a Comment