
So, today we had an all staff "town hall" meeting in one of the amphitheaters at the Med school. It's a time for the Dean of Administration to update us on things going on within the quad and medical school. Today they put together a slide show of photos as a staff appreciation thing. It was cool seeing photos of departments I know and others I have yet to meet. My one year official anniversary is coming up soon and I remember my first town hall meeting where I knew no one. It honestly does not feel like a year. So, we are sitting in the lecture hall, I'm scanning the room trying to identify as many people as possible when I say to my coworker "I wonder what that came from" as I see the ginormous half skull in the front of the room. Now, this is my cold and sleep deprivation talking, clearly it's not an animal, it's just a large human skull (so, no, it did not come from a dead beast). It did make it into the open question and answer part of the meeting. Others were wondering what it was and curious minds wanted to know. Clearly it was for Neuro and the bottom half missing must be at the dental school, it also had duct tape holding it together. We work at one of the top medical schools and we are using duct tape to fix a skull. I so could not go to medical school.
I got another comment regarding being sick today from another dean, but still managed to go out with a friend for an hour and a half to bowl- where we bowled next to Oreo and Woofie, lol... a rather odd couple to say the least. We wont discuss scores b/c neither one of us bowled a great game, missing the chance to win another bowling party twice (one each). We are just going to blame it all on the wall we had to bowl against, the slippery floor and the fact that we did not have the best selection of balls so we bowled out of our weight range due to the fact that the third floor was closed for a party. Now, I have to finish packing, as Ms. Traveler begins her monthly traveling tomorrow... it's going to be a busy 6 months. Ms. Traveler is back!
No comments:
Post a Comment