It's been a little over 3.5 months since my texting while walking accident. This is the photo of what it looks like now (see August 4 post if you want to see the before photo). It is still sore and I have a feeling I am going to have that nice little bruise for a while still. So attractive. I now have a war story to tell though :) I have been doing a better job taking care of myself. I started using a new app that records all my calories and exercise. I can search for everything and it tallies up all the nutritional values and tells me at the end of the day if I am under or over my allotted calories for my weight loss goal. I like this because it's easy, it also helps me see just how much I eat and what nutrients I am lacking and the best part about it, it was a free app! I noticed that by mid-day I was over my allotted sugar intake and that was from just normal foods I eat (not from candy or desserts). I have a little over 600 calories left for today, looks like I get a gold star! I like this b/c I can still have my own eggnog lattes (less calories than the ones at Starbucks) and I can still have sweets if I desire, just not as many. I almost walked to work today to burn some calories and get some fresh air, but missed the T that would take me down 4 stops (saving me 18 minutes and from being late for work) but just missed it so I ended up taking the bus which was approaching and got off the stop before I normally do. Granted, it wasn't that much farther of a walk (maybe an extra 5 minutes to my usual 5 minute walk) but it was more than what I've been doing. It was pretty too, all the leaves falling off the trees and that wet Fall leaf smell filled the air. So, after nearly a month of being sick, I'm finally getting my energy back. Started a new health routine, made it to the gym and did yoga at home...keeping my fingers crossed I can lose 25 pounds by February.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Old Accident & New Health Plan
It's been a little over 3.5 months since my texting while walking accident. This is the photo of what it looks like now (see August 4 post if you want to see the before photo). It is still sore and I have a feeling I am going to have that nice little bruise for a while still. So attractive. I now have a war story to tell though :) I have been doing a better job taking care of myself. I started using a new app that records all my calories and exercise. I can search for everything and it tallies up all the nutritional values and tells me at the end of the day if I am under or over my allotted calories for my weight loss goal. I like this because it's easy, it also helps me see just how much I eat and what nutrients I am lacking and the best part about it, it was a free app! I noticed that by mid-day I was over my allotted sugar intake and that was from just normal foods I eat (not from candy or desserts). I have a little over 600 calories left for today, looks like I get a gold star! I like this b/c I can still have my own eggnog lattes (less calories than the ones at Starbucks) and I can still have sweets if I desire, just not as many. I almost walked to work today to burn some calories and get some fresh air, but missed the T that would take me down 4 stops (saving me 18 minutes and from being late for work) but just missed it so I ended up taking the bus which was approaching and got off the stop before I normally do. Granted, it wasn't that much farther of a walk (maybe an extra 5 minutes to my usual 5 minute walk) but it was more than what I've been doing. It was pretty too, all the leaves falling off the trees and that wet Fall leaf smell filled the air. So, after nearly a month of being sick, I'm finally getting my energy back. Started a new health routine, made it to the gym and did yoga at home...keeping my fingers crossed I can lose 25 pounds by February.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment