Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't Cry Over Spilled Wine


Today was a day full of laughter. Kids say and do the funniest things. It's funny how throughout the day I draft my blog in my head and take photos thinking I'll use them for the day's blog, only by the time I actually sit down to write something else has happened and the earlier ideas don't make it into the blog. I guess I have a better understanding of the news field, with stories making the back page that, on a slow day, may have made it to the front, below the fold part of the newspaper. Anyway, I helped arrange my sister's downstairs to make it feel more homey and open and then helped her get the Christmas stuff out, while listening to Christmas music. I can't believe stores even have "black Friday" sales this weekend! It's coming early this year. Anyway, so to the laughter. So, lets see. Nephew and an apple. My sister gave him an apple to eat whole with the skin on. We were ordering pizza and it was really quiet, so we thought that he had gone upstairs. Nope. He was in the living room, "making a mess" as he said while attempting to eat the apples. In other words, he got pieces of apples all over the floor and part of the couch. We ordered the pizza and we had this fiasco with the bread sticks. They ended up delivering them separately from our pizza delivery order. Then, while my sister and I were chatting and eating the said bread sticks on the couch, my nephew picked up my full glass of red wine. All of a sudden... I was wet, the couch was wet and the side table the glass was sitting on was wet. He probably picked it up to either try some thinking it was juice or to give it to his Auntie Lorien, but grabbing it by the stem and making the glass top heavy, he tipped and spilled it. I busted up laughing and just sat there while my sister was running to find a towel. I wasn't worried about staining the couch since one of my drunk friends had spilled red wine on my ex-roommate's couch and we were able to get it out using baking soda and a vacuum- she never found out. Auntie Lorien will have to start using a sippy cup to prevent accidents like this (or just not drink wine while the babies are up). Then, my niece got her fingers slammed in the door and we had to ice them. Of course, our family uses frozen peas or in tonight's pack... frozen peas and carrots. After icing the fingers, we just laid on the bed and watched TV in my sister's room. She was awfully quiet, and we looked over to find that my niece had opened the bag of peas and carrots and started eating them before playing on the bed with the open bag (the Princess and the Pea came to mind). Hilarious. Then, an hour later, watching another show, I looked over to find my niece liking the walls like the kids in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when they are licking the flavored wallpaper. Haha... 30 minutes later she said she was hungry. This may be a case where you had to be here to find the humor in all of tonight's happenings, but man, my throat hurts from laughing so much (at least, I hope it's from that and not a sign I'm coming down with strep throat)! What a day, can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment