I'm exhausted. It was rainy when I left San Diego today, fitting seeing it was raining the day I arrived too. Got up at 5:15 after going to bed at midnight. I am so exhausted and was able to get my seat in the exit row so I had lots of leg room. I took the window seat this time around (as opposed to the aisle I usually grab) so I could sleep. I had issues with my ears plugging on the descents, and my left ear is still plugged. It was a short flight from PHX to BOS and I did fall asleep. We got in over 30 minutes early and I managed to get my 3 suitcases and my "personal item" bag home safely via the T and everything made it in one piece! I made a quick trip up to the store to get a free movie and some ginger ale (forgot I had some in the fridge) but it was nice to walk in the fresh air. Also, this year I am mouse free! The traps I had out before I left worked! I caught the poor mouse and I am so glad that I cannot smell to save my life b/c I have no idea which day of the 13 I was gone that it died. I'm just glad it was 100% dead when I got home, since my fear was that it would be yelping and moving around when the time came. So, all is good. I have unpacked a little, but am so exhausted that I took my NyQuil, have my humidifier running and ready for a great nights sleep. Hoping this will be the cure I need before going back to work on Wednesday.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Goodbye San Diego, Hello Boston
I'm exhausted. It was rainy when I left San Diego today, fitting seeing it was raining the day I arrived too. Got up at 5:15 after going to bed at midnight. I am so exhausted and was able to get my seat in the exit row so I had lots of leg room. I took the window seat this time around (as opposed to the aisle I usually grab) so I could sleep. I had issues with my ears plugging on the descents, and my left ear is still plugged. It was a short flight from PHX to BOS and I did fall asleep. We got in over 30 minutes early and I managed to get my 3 suitcases and my "personal item" bag home safely via the T and everything made it in one piece! I made a quick trip up to the store to get a free movie and some ginger ale (forgot I had some in the fridge) but it was nice to walk in the fresh air. Also, this year I am mouse free! The traps I had out before I left worked! I caught the poor mouse and I am so glad that I cannot smell to save my life b/c I have no idea which day of the 13 I was gone that it died. I'm just glad it was 100% dead when I got home, since my fear was that it would be yelping and moving around when the time came. So, all is good. I have unpacked a little, but am so exhausted that I took my NyQuil, have my humidifier running and ready for a great nights sleep. Hoping this will be the cure I need before going back to work on Wednesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment