Friday, January 28, 2011

If it's above the neck...

Doctors say that if the cold is above the neck it is ok to workout, however, if it's below the neck you should rest. Sinusitis falls in the above the neck category so I took an early lunch to take spin class and then later tonight I took Zumba. When I got home tonight I hula hooped. Now my very good friend Suzanna brought me this hula hoop to practice with before she makes me my very own for my birthday. I am hoping to tone my middle and have some fun losing weight. Growing up I never had a hula hoop and who would have though this childhood toy would be something I would have as an adult? Granted these are larger and heavier than the ones in P.E. class in elementary school and amazingly enough, I can actually hula hoop longer than I thought I would be able to. Last night I hooped for 15 minutes to music and was able to keep the hoop going without dropping it through Cee Lo Green's "Forget You" (yes the edited version). Tonight I worked on turning while hooping and turning the hoop with my hands. Once I get the basics down, I'll be able to do tricks! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment