Friday, January 7, 2011

Tea Time


A new year and I've been able to drink tea without adding any sugar or honey- now that's an accomplishment! Using "myfitnesspal" app and a cardio app I am doing my best to stick to my 1200 daily calorie allowance by logging everything I eat and drink. Today, I was over 100 calories and it's simply b/c I can't exercise and the walking I do on a daily basis wasn't enough to counter the extra snacks/liquid calories I consumed today. I realized that as the day progresses, the more calories I consume at each meal. So, I'm hoping to change the calorie intake in the evenings (maybe try eating more at breakfast and lunch instead of at dinner) and work on fixing more high in fiber dinners. I've lost a couple pounds since I last stood on a scale at the doctors, so I know I can drop the 20 pounds I want/need to. The drugs are kicking in, so hopefully after another week of, I can start getting back into the gym which will speed up the weight loss. So, now, I drink my comfortime tea, a nightly ritual-sans any sugary additive and am all ready for bed. I can barely keep my eyes open (yes, I realize it's only 7:30 on a Friday night) so I'm off to bed. Can't wait to see how much snow falls over night!

No comments:

Post a Comment