Thursday, January 6, 2011

Meds


After a week of being sick- I still have a sinus infection (after finishing a Z Pack) and still suffering from bronchitis...I went to the doctor. I waited an hour in my room to be seen b/c the patient ahead of me nearly collapsed and couldn't breathe so they had to attend to her (would have been nice if someone told me this while I was waiting ever so patiently in the room). I don't think I was 100% healthy when I caught the infections I did after Christmas and after consulting my pulmonologist this morning, it was recommended that I be seen. So now after spending 2.5 hours at the doctors, it's round 2 of antibiotics for 10 days. Doubling the dosage and usage of my 2 inhalers (for at least a month), a nasal spray to help with the sinus swelling, Advil for my sinus headaches, continue using my netty pot and humidifier and moved up with some cough medicine with codeine at night (sorry NyQuil, you just weren't doing the job) and some other cough medicine during the day... and sometime b/t all that I have to measure my peak flow, use my eye drops and remember to take allergy medicine (but not at night b/c I will be like the dead taking it with the codeine). Sleep, drink lots of liquids and tons of steam. Now I'm going to pop in a movie and curl up on the couch and wait for the meds to kick in. Damn, I feel old!

No comments:

Post a Comment