Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day



Last night I was up until 3:30am. Neighbors were playing loud music again between 12:30 and 1:30am. I was so pissed, I couldn't sleep even after it stopped and went into the living room to watch NCIS. I ended up falling asleep on the couch around 3:30/4am (and I must admit, the sofa is pretty comfy!). When my alarm went off at 8, I felt like crap so I emailed work to let them know I was going to take a half day. I went back to bed and slept until noon. While I was getting ready the Jay-Z music that the neighbor upstairs played early in the morning was playing the music again. I placed a call into my landlord about that. 2 nights in a row now there's been loud bass keeping me up. It was so loud I actually was able to figure out what song it was and that it indeed was coming from upstairs. I was so ready to call the cops but wasn't 100% sure which unit it was coming from (2nd or 3rd floor). I was not going to go knock, but probably should have.

So I was sleep deprived today, but not enough to pass on Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day! Everyone who knows me, knows that I love free stuff and am always on top of things when it comes to freebies. Today, I was told about the Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day and I don't think I've ever participated in this. So, after work my coworker and I headed out to B&J's at the Pru's food court. There was a line wrapped around the courtyard. We would have waited for about 20 minutes, but a worker came over to the area where we were in line and asked if we were ready for some free ice cream, I was the only one who was like "yeah!" and no one else said anything. He gave me a front of the line pass, so we by-passed the line and got our free scoops. It took us 10 minutes from the time we stood in line, got the pass and was served... we saved about 10 minutes thanks to me speaking up. I got Coconut Seven Layer Bar and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment