Who gets up on a Saturday morning to drink free beer before noon? Who in their 20s participates in pillow fights? Me! I got up for an 11:20am Sam Adams brewery tour. We had a cute tour guide who is a teacher during the week; I guess I kind of have a thing for nerds, b/c he was definitely a cute nerd from Buffalo, NY. I so wanted to talk to him, but I’m chicken shit; I totally need a wing girl. ANY-WAY, free beer and glasses on the tour. I want to go back so I can collect all 5 of their glasses. We were pretty buzzed by noon and walked across the parking lot to get another beer and some pizza. Afterwards, some of us made our way to Cambridge to participate in International Pillow Fight day. All around the world pillow fights broke out in public locations. We showed up just before 3PM with pillows hidden, joining hundreds of others before the pillow fight broke out. It was crazy! We had fun though, it was a great way to release tension, anger, etc. and you know what? If we all had a monthly pillow fight, imagine how peaceful this world could be? Some people brought down feather pillows and a couple exploded onto the Cambridge Common. We lasted about 30 minutes before heading to Charlie’s Kitchen for some food and drinks (non-alcoholic mind you) and it started to rain, so instead of sitting in the beer garden we had to eat inside. Boy, were we lucky with the timing of things. So glad that the rain held out until after we were done having our pillow fight so I could cross this off my list.
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Sam Adams Brewery Tour & International Pillow Fight Day
Who gets up on a Saturday morning to drink free beer before noon? Who in their 20s participates in pillow fights? Me! I got up for an 11:20am Sam Adams brewery tour. We had a cute tour guide who is a teacher during the week; I guess I kind of have a thing for nerds, b/c he was definitely a cute nerd from Buffalo, NY. I so wanted to talk to him, but I’m chicken shit; I totally need a wing girl. ANY-WAY, free beer and glasses on the tour. I want to go back so I can collect all 5 of their glasses. We were pretty buzzed by noon and walked across the parking lot to get another beer and some pizza. Afterwards, some of us made our way to Cambridge to participate in International Pillow Fight day. All around the world pillow fights broke out in public locations. We showed up just before 3PM with pillows hidden, joining hundreds of others before the pillow fight broke out. It was crazy! We had fun though, it was a great way to release tension, anger, etc. and you know what? If we all had a monthly pillow fight, imagine how peaceful this world could be? Some people brought down feather pillows and a couple exploded onto the Cambridge Common. We lasted about 30 minutes before heading to Charlie’s Kitchen for some food and drinks (non-alcoholic mind you) and it started to rain, so instead of sitting in the beer garden we had to eat inside. Boy, were we lucky with the timing of things. So glad that the rain held out until after we were done having our pillow fight so I could cross this off my list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment