Travel day. I’m writing this as we are driving in Quebec on our way to our hotel apartments in Montreal. 10 hours on the road and I am beat. Technology has not been my friend lately. I had charged my iPod at work today and was so pissed when it stopped working on me less than an hour into the trip. I just added new songs to it last night and was not really feeling the weird music being played in the car. Now when I turn the iPod on there’s this little sad face :( I used my phone to listen to some music and then it restarted all on it’s own. Ugh! I’m like this phone better not break on me! Then because I was charging my iPod today at work, my phone battery died on me when we met up with the group in Burlington, VT. Vermont is gorgeous. I would really like to take this drive during the Fall. It’s so pretty and really really really green. We stopped off at a brewery ”Magic Hat” but found out that there was no food, only beer. Some people forgot their passports so were behind us by an hour, so we drove around downtown Burlington and met at the Vermont Brewery. The wait to cross the Canadian border was pretty long, quite a few of us unpatriotic Americans all coming up to Canada for the holiday weekend I guess. This is my first time entering Canada via auto after the whole passport requirement went into effect. Now we are driving across a bridge and I see Montreal all lit up. It’s so pretty. Looking forward to doing some sight seeing and chill-axin’. I’m ready to be out of the car but not looking forward to all the French speaking people and signs. I already know some words… like Ouest (West) and Nord (North). I also found out that I can charge my phone via the USB port on my laptop. Woo whoo!! Now I cant text people that I’m in Canada! This is a very good thing to know, especially for when I’m on long car rides and my phone dies. I tried charging it in the restaurant’s restroom, but that didn’t work out too well. Anyway, in hotel now and it's 11:30, I'm going to bed. Bonne nuit!
This started as a 365 day-by-day blog of my life in Boston as a 2nd year transplant from May 2010- May 2011. I continued into my 3rd year before one of my New Year's Resolutions was to make something new each week. So I blogged about my dishes with photos. Now, another resolution has brought me back to blogging. In March 2014 I plan on spending only $45 which can only go towards food/beverages. Stay tuned to see how I do.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Bonjour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment