
Today I revisited my favorite spot in Boston...the Public Garden. Last summer, I would walk there from my Fenway apartment, stop at the Starbucks across from the Common to get an ice coffee and sit on one of the benches facing this fountain. I would read a book or chat with my best friend Angie back home. Today on my lunch break I took my lunch and book and went to the same location, sat on a different bench, but still faced the same fountain. It was still super hot (in the 80s) but in the shade it was quite nice. It was so peaceful. I think it's time to start scouting things out on my own again and doing things I loved doing last year when I didn't know anyone. It is quite refreshing sitting around and just being one with myself. Something I haven't done in a really long time. So, I pledge to go to my spot at least twice a week to get centered, feel some grass between my toes and just listen to the city sounds surrounding me... and who knows, might meet some regulars or a nice gentleman friend while I'm there :)
No comments:
Post a Comment