
The sun was out but it was raining when I got off work today, and yet, no rainbow. The humidity is back (as I could tell when I got up and looked in the mirror... thanks curls)... after 5 nights without using the AC... it will be going on tonight. Today was my first day back to the gym since my boobs...I mean... knee injuries ;) I was sore this morning from canoeing and did some yoga before work and I burned 500 calories on the elliptical machine and didn't break a sweat (really unusual considering I was burning more calories than normal). Then I met a guy from okcupid at Jillians to bowl...and here's how that went... (note... I went into this just to make a friend)
He said we would meet around 8, he showed up at 8:15 after I just got a lane to bowl b/c I was tired of waiting. He lives like an hour away (which I didn't know). He's nerdy, but really nice... but not the type of nerd I can handle. I carried the conversation. I'm still learning more about myself. Like I'm extremely outgoing and adventurous. I may not be jumping out of a plane any time soon (unless magically Striker asked me out and I could fly for free to practice indoors) but I enjoy trying new things and doing things by myself if I have to. I love sports. Tonight was the first online meetup I've been on since 2007. All the other guys I've seen/dated/etc. I met through work or met at a mattress store. I don't like the online thing. I rather meet the person and know within a few minutes if it would be worth my time to even consider going out with him. I think online is just a waste of time unless you're just looking for some action (which, I'm not). So I feel really bad b/c this guy was super nice, nothing wrong with him, but just didn't do it for me. He wants to take me out to see a live band in Fenway area but he knows I'm super busy and I said September sometime. So now I have a few weeks to figure out what I'm going to say b/c I could tell he liked me and said it was worth the travel to get to Jillian's...
The rainbow...I've come up with qualities that I need a guy to possess: he needs to enjoy sports more than I do, be outgoing (but not the conceded flirts) and adventurous, has traveled to more than a handful of states and interested in traveling abroad even if he hasn't traveled outside the US. The more I think about it, the more I think my type may have been the California boys I grew up with. Outgoing, adventurous (surfers, desert rats who owned dirt bikes), tall and thin but with muscles...leave it to me to travel across the country to figure out what I've wanted was always right in front of me!
Shocking!! And yet, you still won't consider moving back?!
ReplyDelete